Thanks Stuart!

de Visee surely played theorbo and guitar, but I do not know about lute. Anyhow he was a professional - so I suppose he played also lute if needed asked, and paid... :-)

Perhaps he teached somebody in the Saizenay-gang? And arranged his own theorbo pieces to his student? Perhaps someone here has some more information?

I played the theorbo version to yt in 2009 - unfortunately my recording gear (ordinary pocket digital camera) had very low quality in sound recording. My old theorbo version is in

   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTDyMAlHBEc

Arto