I know 19th-c. guitar activity on this list has been sparse in recent years.
Still . . .

I have a ca. 1850 Legnani-model guitar by Gebrüder Placht.  A friend who uses
Bow Brand "natural gut" harp string trebles and gave me a set to try.  I've
just strung the instrument, tuned it up at A = 430, and am pleased thus far.
The strings are highly polished and remarkable transparent.  Do any of you
happen to have any experience with this line of strings in a fretted-neck
context?

Best,
Eugene