The release plan sounds good.  I've been meaning to try out all the
rnorris topic branches (and I think his plan of having a bunch of
independent topic branches to be merged is exactly right) but haven't
had time.  But, I think it makes sense to get a 1.0 out and then get
most/all of those integrated, plus changes from other people, and then
have a second stabilization period before 1.1.  There's no rule that
says 1.1 can't follow in a few months.

  Currently, Ctrl-W and Ctrl-Q have strange behaviour. This is mainly
  because viking is (still) not able to decided if document worth a save
  or not. We already discuss about this, but it seems that nobody find
  time to address this issue.

  Someone interested? Or should I just ignore this?

This isn't a regression from the past - it's just still very odd.

If someone has time, I would make ^W close one window and ^Q exit, and
both of them do a popup that says "document may or may not have been
modified" with "discard save cancel".  Sort of what you would do if you
knew it was modified, but always.

After thinking a bit I'm inclined to release 1.0 without changing this.
It feels like an intermediate solution is just a mess.