2013/3/21 Robert Norris <rw_nor...@hotmail.com>

> > [snip]
> > Not yet tested geotoad.
>
> Feels a little quicker - it's own local caching mechanism is probably
> better the the geo*tools, but still takes a while overall.
> Would be nice to display the text feedback of progress in Viking.

Perhaps an add to acquire related dialog? Something like the progress
dialog of synaptic:
- main part of the dialog is a progress bar
- a folded part can be opened to display a text area with the raw output.

> Geotoad doesn't seem to write the final geocache to stdout only to a named
> file, but should be more cross platform than the geo*tools bash scripts.

Perhaps an add to geotoad directly. Something like the "standard" '-' as
filename.

> The other nice thing is at least it's one program.

Yes.

> I'd suggest changing to it and making Geocache part of the default build.
> (Then I won't forget to update the file when types change!)

Why not. Furthermore, we can certainly adapt dynamically the viking's UI
when geotoad is in PATH or not. Would certainly be better for user
experience and for packagers.

> I've attached the little hack to get Geotoad working with Viking, I hope
> that can start you off. It works for me.

Thanks. I will give an eye as soon as possible.

--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- JID: gu...@im.apinc.org MSN: guilhem_bonnefi...@hotmail.com