I have more spare time, so I can answer other part of your message (but I'm
still not able to complete my patch submission).

2013/4/21 Robert Norris <rw_nor...@hotmail.com>

> Some other thoughts, which are not to do with your current work as these
> are existing issues:
>
> 1. Make route finder button available all the time (probably have to move
> the tool into VikWindow)
>
> Then if no TrackWaypoint layer selected - then simply create one,
> otherwise use the one selected.
> This would be easier to use. (In fact this kind of applies to all the
> Create Item tools...)

Currently, viking can be used in a wide variety of use case, not only for
preparing a route. So, I'm not sure that allowing a easier solution to
create items is a good way. Furthermore, as we do not yet provide a
undo/redo solution, it could be counter-productive: if the user activate
such tool without intention, it have to destroy data.

Finally, I think there is many details to solve. For example, what occurs
when there is already one or more track layers, but none selected? In which
of them should we create the new data?

> 2. All the routes end up with name VIKING_RT001, maybe we can force unique
> names.

Yes. I realize we can also adapt the name of the route with the name of the
routing engine (for example with a uppercase version of the routing
engine's label).
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- JID: gu...@im.apinc.org MSN: guilhem_bonnefi...@hotmail.com