2013/10/29 Robert Norris <rw_nor...@hotmail.com>

> Then to support relative paths, change to the directory when opening a
> .vik file but then simply return to the previous working directory (which
> it does not do ATM) so there no unintentional side effects.

I think/feel that playing with current working directory can have
hard-to-understand behaviors. I'm really not comfortable with such idea as
viking also uses more and more multi-threading.

What about simply modifying the code that compute the path of a file to
open from a .vik file? For example, using
g_path_is_absolute<https://developer.gnome.org/glib/2.37/glib-Miscellaneous-Utility-Functions.html#g-path-is-absolute>to
decide if the path is absolute or not and concat the dirname of the
.vik
file if needed?

If you describe/commit a use case (I'm not sure to finelly understand the
issue), I can try to do the change myself.
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- JID: gu...@im.apinc.org MSN: guilhem_bonnefi...@hotmail.com