I tried adding gtk-doc as a dependency and doing --enable-gtk-doc, but
then it failed to build; I have mapnik disabled (because I haven't
gotten to checking it in packaging and trying it as an option, not
because I don't want to), and apparently the gtk-scan looks for the
symbol even though the build didn't make it.   Not a big deal, but I'm
not really sure how I should be packaging things.