Johannes Ranke wrote:

Hi again,

I solved my self-posed problem. I had to extend some Tex
syntax clusters.

A working version of an R noweb syntax file is attached.

R noweb files (aka Sweave files) can have the extension .Rnw, .rnw, .Snw or .snw, although .Rnw is probably predominant.

" Tex regions {{{1
runtime syntax/tex.vim
unlet b:current_syntax

syn cluster texDocGroup         contains=texPartZone,@texPartGroup,@rnoweb
syn cluster texPartGroup
contains=texChapterZone,texSectionZone,texParaZone,@rnoweb
syn cluster texChapterGroup
contains=texSectionZone,texParaZone,@rnoweb
syn cluster texSectionGroup
contains=texSubSectionZone,texParaZone,@rnoweb
syn cluster texSubSectionGroup
contains=texSubSubSectionZone,texParaZone,@rnoweb
syn cluster texSubSubSectionGroup       contains=texParaZone,@rnoweb
syn cluster texParaGroup                contains=texSubParaZone,@rnoweb
Hello!

Instead of redefining all these clusters, perhaps using [EMAIL PROTECTED] might be better:

syn cluster texDocGroup   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
..etc..

Regards,
Chip Campbell