Georg Dahn wrote:

> > Where do you find this vimtips.txt with 40000 lines?  I
> > only found one with 3543 lines.
>
> http://www.vim.org/tips/tip_download.php?download=download
>
> It contains a lot of empty lines, has a sice of a little
> more then 1,2 MB, and has 40243 lines at the moment.
>
> > I tried another file but it worked fine.
>
> With other files I had no problems, too, but most times
> these were smaller files.
>
> > Perhaps you run out of memory?
>
> I have 2 GB and had only Outlook and Vim open. Memory should
> not be a problem.
>
> > Also note that text gets formatted if you put it like
> > this.  If you have 'autoformat' set the number of lines
> > will change.
>
> That's the reason for doing that. With 'gqap' for example,
> the formating is different to what I want when I do <C-R>.
> However, the number of lines should increase, but it seems
> just to stop somewhere. BTW, there is no error message.
>
> I am working with Vim 7.0f03 on Windows XP.

It appears that this file has <Esc> characters, right at the point where
you say inserting the register stops.

Try using   CTRL-R CTRL-R "   instead of   CTRL-R "  .

--
Permission is granted to read this message out aloud on Kings Cross Road,
London, under the condition that the orator is properly dressed.