During insert-mode completion, there's no visual feedback when hitting
backspace.

Just now I typed some characters and hit ^P.  It went searching
through header files so I realised I'd made a typo, since the match
should have come from the current file.  I had typed "FOOCAR" instead
of "FOOBAR" say.  In vim 6.3 I could have just hit backspace a few
times, corrected my typo, and then done the completion again.  You can
still do that, but as you hit backspace the text on the screen does
not change (at least not while it's still searching through header
files, which lasts 15 seconds in a test I just did).  I hit backspace
and I still just see "FOOCAR".  I hit backspace again and still I just
see "FOOCAR".  Another backspace and the text changes to show a match
from the current file "FOOLPROOF" or whatever.  But the lack of
feedback in the meantime is confusing, and I can't tell what my
backspace did or whether it did anything.  I should have seen "FOOCA"
then "FOOC".

I'm also still finding it annoying when I ^N/^P past the end of the
match-menu while vim is still searching.  This should simply cycle
around the matches listed so far.  Instead it get stuck making it hard
to get back onto the existing menu at all.

Thanks,
Rob.

--

Robert Webb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,