On 5/11/06, Bill McCarthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed 10-May-06 9:43pm -0600, Anduin Withers wrote:

>> Why do you want CR-LF files?  A single LF should work just fine.  The
>> only place where I know it doesn't work is when you read Make_ivc.mak
>> into Visual Studio.
>>
>> Automatic LF to CR-LF translation always causes trouble somewhere.
>
> CVS did it automatically, as long as binaries are properly tagged there
> shouldn't be (and wasn't, at least for me) a problem.
>
> One reason is consistency: This is the behavior CVS had, it is the format
> the releases are in on the ftp site, it also makes things look better when I
> edit my .vim files with notepad.
>
> Just another request for native line endings.

Some days it is better for me to read my mail from newest to
oldest - or at least read through everything before
replying.

Well stated.  I now wish I used a different example that
notepad - although that is indeed a good one, since every
Windows user has it and it is frequently a default in
Explorer.

Hopefully, the gentleman maintaining the svn repository
(Edward L Fox) will talk to the gentleman who properly
marked the files in CVS.

Well, well, well... I prop-setted most of the file that I recognized.
If you find anything wrong or prop missing, plz contact me.

The bad news for everyone is, after prop-setting the files, everyone
has to download the prop-setted files again. That will cost quite a
long time.

I have also had no problems with the CVS distribution

That's because CVS doens't support that features at all and every text
file is forced to use native linebreaks.

--
Best regards,
Bill