On 5/13/06, Bill McCarthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Fri 12-May-06 8:16pm -0600, Edward L. Fox wrote:

> On 5/13/06, Brandt, Servatius
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> [...]
>> So I suggest to use a "svn:eol-style" setting of "LF" instead of
>> "native".
>
> Previously when I didn't set the svn:eol-style property, all text
> files were using "LF" as end-of-line character. Bill complained so I
> change the end-of-line character to "native", in order to please
> everyone. But now, here is another opinion. As you see, changing the
> svn:eol-style will cause everyone downloading all modified files
> again, it will cost about one hour. So I think I should not make any
> furthur change before the final decision is made.

Should you choose "LF" instead of "native," could you please
wait until CVS is running well again?

CVS is up already. But unfortunately the newest version hasn't been
uploaded to CVS repository yet. Setting svn:eol-style to "native"
makes subversion use the most similar behavior with CVS to deal with
end-of-line characters to. So I don't think CVS would do better on
this kind of issue.

Since Vim for Windows is distributed in a difference file
organization and with CR/LF, a useful tool should produce
the same file format.

svn for Windows can deal with CR/LF correctly if the eof-style is set
to "native". If you are using svn for cygwin and want to compile and
install Vim as native Windows application, it will be your own
responsibility to deal with the CR/LF manually.

BTW, is there no option to "tell" svn how "native" should be
treated (if the OS default isn't desired)?

I don't know that option because I haven't used svn for Windows yet.
If anybody can supply a better way to deal with such messy problem,
I'll be plzd to follow your instruction.

--
Best regards,
Bill