On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 07:40:51PM +0200, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:

> Gautam Iyer wrote:

> > > This appears to be fixed in vim7.
> >
> > I'm using Vim-7.017, and it's not fixed! Is there a more recent version?
>
> No, that's the current patchlevel. However:
>
> - The 'directory' option (q.v.) directs where the swap file shall reside
> - If you are reopening it with a different login name, there could be a
> permissions problem.

Well, I certainly did not open the file with a different log in name.
Also regardless of the 'directory' setting, I find it very strange (i.e.
bug like) if Vim first asks me if I want to recover a file, and when I
say yes, Vim tells me it can't find the swap file anymore ...

:)

GI

--
Dancing cheek-to-cheek is really a form of floor play.