I think I found a bug in in the matchparen feature of Vim 7.  I'm using the
7.0 binary release for Windows XP.

When I'm in Insert mode and moving across lines, if the cursor passes over a
paren (defined here as any character in the matchpairs option), the cursor
will stay in the column position when moving to the next line.  See the
following code for an example:

let g:loaded_autoit_completion = 1
let s:cache_name = []
" This function is used for the 'omnifunc' option.

Now, if my cursor is on the '1' in the first line and I press down twice,
I'd expect the cursor to end up on the 'o' in 'omnifunc' in the third line.
 However, if I'm in Insert mode and matchparen is active, then my cursor
will instead end up on the 'e' in 'used'.

If I'm in Normal mode, this does not happen.  If I issue :NoMatchParen, this
does not happen.  However, if I reissue :DoMatchParen and enter Insert mode,
the problem reoccurs.

Can anyone else confirm this?  I do have a lot of customizations in my vimrc
files, so I'm not entirely sure it's not a problem that I'm causing myself,
but I've reviewed my vimrc pretty carefully and I can't find anything that
should cause this issue.  If anyone else would like to check, you can find
both vimrc files here:

http://www.legroom.net/~jbreland/transfer/Packages/Vim_7.0/support/_vimrc
http://www.legroom.net/~jbreland/transfer/Packages/Vim_7.0/support/_gvimrc

Please let me know if this is an actual Vim bug.  Thanks.

--
Jared