Mathias Michaelis wrote:

> > The Sniff interface is something extra, you need to get it from the
> > extra archive.  That's how it is.
> >
> Hmmm ...
>
> 1. The extra archive mainly consists on platform specific files and
> on sub projects like tee, xxd or testdir.
>
> Some of the sub projects are included in the pc archive (xxd,
> testdir), others are not (tee). Well, for my compilations, I use tee
> too, but get it from the gnuwin32 project.
>
> Now, sniff.c is whether platform specific nor a sub project, but is
> an optional component of Vim, probably similar to fold.c. I have no
> big knowledge about Vim and its source, but it's not easy to me to
> see why sniff.c logically belongs into the extra archive, while
> sniff.h is in the source archive.

The issue is that the "big" version that I compile does not include the
SNIFF interface.  That's why the SNIFF sources are in the extra archive.

There is no stict rule for what goes in the extra archive, other than
what I think not many people will use.

The only other "clean" solution is to drop the whole extra archive and
include all files both in the Unix and the PC source archive.

--
Trees moving back and forth is what makes the wind blow.