On Sat, Jun 24, 2006 at 12:36:42PM +0200, Nikolai Weibull wrote:
> Say I have a buffer like the following:
>
> ★
>
> Say that I then select and copy that character.  I then get:
>
> ★★
>
> Say that I then copy it again (i.e., pressing middle-button twice
> inside the xterm):
>
> ★★#
>
> Why does that happen?
>
>  nikolai

     I cannot reproduce this.  I tried copying the character using yl
(in Normal mode) and also by selecting with the mouse (in a
gnome-terminal, not having an xterm handy).  I tried pasting by using p
in Normal mode and by using the middle mouse button in Insert mode.  Can
you be more specific about how to reproduce the problem?  Does it matter
whether you are running vim in an xterm or some other terminal, or in
gvim?

     I am running vim 7.0 (no patches yet) on Linux (Fedora Core 2).

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher