Well, that was exciting... I recently tried to build vim 7 on OSS (Tandem / HP Nonstop S-Series). I finally got it to work by diff'ing the ITUG Floss sources (link below) against vim-6.1 and applying the diffs to vim-7.0 (and by first building/installing ncurses-5.5). I would like to submit my efforts to be included upstream. Are there any objections if I post the .patch here?

This is the ITUG vim:
https://www.itug.org/secure/ituglib/shared/act_download.cfm/vim.tar.Z?lib_file_id=666

NOTE: I also had to configure ncurses and vim as follows:
ncurses5-5$ CFLAGS=-WIEEE_float ./configure
vim-7.0$ LDFLAGS=-lfloss CFLAGS=-WIEEE_float ./configure

(I am not sure if 'floss' is necessary, but it was used in ITUG vim61.)

--
Matthew
Lions and tigers and ...penguins? We're being invaded!