Ulrich Lauther wrote:
Hi,

the automated mechanism for unsubsrcibing from this list still doesn't
work.
Could please someone remove me from the list?

Thanks,

The list is operated only by non-humans (computers and programs, I mean). The people at fu-berlin math department will let the computer auto-reboot and auto-restart its programs if ever there is an electricity blackout, and I guess that's it.

Unsubscribing does work, but you have to use it properly. For the vim-dev list, on which I received your message above:

1. Send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] . The "From:" line of that email *MUST* be the address to which list messages are sent to you, not an alias and not a different address, not even belonging also to you. The subject and body of the message may be blank.

2. You will receive an autoreply at that same address, to ascertain that the unsubscribe request was not a prank played on you by someone else.

3. You must have made sure that the autoreply sent in 2 will not be stopped by any spam filter or firewall before reaching you, because you must read that email and do what it says, in order to complete the unsubscription process.

4. Within 24 hours after step 3 (usually much less), you should stop receiving vim-dev messages.

Note that if you are subscribed to more than one list (like, e.g., vim, vim-dev and vim-multibyte) you must unsubscribe separately to each of them.

Best regards,
Tony.