Subject: Re: How to trigger a screen update from RealWaitForChar
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 07:33:40 -0700
From: Brad Beveridge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

On 25/08/06, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Brad Beveridge wrote:
> [...]
> > Potential issues :
> [...]
> >  - I am not familiar with autoconf stuff, so this patch does not
> > integrate with the make system of Vim, somebody probably needs to add
> > it to config.in.  There were too many diffs in the various files that
> > I thought to check, and I didn't want to over patch them.
>
> Check Vince Negri's unofficial cursorbind/ownsyntax/conceal patch at
> http://vince.negri.googlepages.com/ : it adds C code for a command, a
> couple of options, and a couple of "features" visible in ":version". You
> may (or may not) want to do it in a similar way.
>

> > I think that's it.  I'd love to hear any feedback about this patch.
> > It would be fantastic if others found this useful.
> >
> > Cheers
> > Brad

I'll take a look at that to see if I can figure out how to do it.  Jim
did get back to me and gave his blessing for the code to go to the Vim
list.  He also mentioned that if the patch is accepted, it might be a
good idea to remove the existing ad-hoc callbacks (for netbeans and
sniff, etc), and use the new framework.

Cheers
Brad