Yakov Lerner wrote:
On 9/3/06, Ilya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yakov Lerner wrote:
> When I removed both 'keepend' and 'extend', it
> started to work as expected.
No, it would not work as I want it to.  Block would not end unclosed
String.  Like this:
{ Some string with a quote ( " ) inside }

What about the following example:
      {
                 " 11111 }
                 2222 { "
      }
Do you want to distinguish mismatched double-quotes
within one line only, or across multiple lines ? As you
syntax is currently written, your intention is ambiguoius.
On one hand, your 'syntax region String' can span multiple lines.
On other hand, you want that '}' inside quoted string terminate a block.

  Do you want to consider line '" 11111 }' a line with
mismatched quote, or it's supposed to match quote on
after '2222 {' ? NB that your 'syntax region String' does allow
strings spanning multilpe lines.

In your example, according to the rules in my solution, there should be 2 Blocks with 2 Strings inside. And both Strings would be without closing ".
Like this:

     {
     BB
                " 11111 }
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSB
                2222 { "
                     BBSS
     }
SSSSSSB

And my solution work just as I expect it to on this code.

Yakov