Mark Manning did utter on 10/09/2006 23:52:
I saw in the c.vim that there was an error statement for octal numbers. There isn't one for hex numbers so I made one really quickly. If you want, just put it into the c.vim file. :-)

The test:

syn region    cHexError    start="0x\x*[g-zG-Z]" end="\W"

Two issues - you most likely want to add underscore to the range since it should be \w less the valid hex digits (the difference between 0x88_65 and 0x88-65 will then highlight), and you need to be able to allow for the unsigned and long integer suffixes are part of the hex value, e.g. 0x88ul

The highlight command:

   hi link   cHexError   cError

Of course, this needs to be approved by Bram first though.  :-)

TTFN

Mike
--
I am Homer of Borg! Prepare to be... Ooooooo! Donuts!