Nicolas -

> > I tried the patch, but it appears that CTRL-F and CTRL-B no longer
> > work
> > in Normal mode.  They do something in Insert mode after CTRL-V.
>
> CTRL-F and CTRL-B work for me in Normal mode (they scroll forward/
> backward). I'm using mac gvim svn (patches 1-110) and the second
> version of my patch.
>
> Can you give more detailed instructions on how to reproduce the problem?

I verified I had used your second patch and found a difference.
CTRL-F and CTRL-B are working now.

> > It looks like this patch needs more careful testing.  Perhaps you
> > should
> > make a list of keys with various modifiers that need to be tried to
> > verify the code works correctly.
>
> I made a small list ( http://macvim.blogspot.com/2006/10/keyboard-
> handling-patch.html ), I'll add further items as problems arise.

Here is one key that doesn't work for me: Shift-Tab.  Most notably when
doing command line completion, where Tab gets the next match and
Shift-Tab goes to the previous match.

Note that in Insert mode you can use CTRL-K and then a key to find out
what Vim gets.

- Bram

--
A consultant is a person who takes your money and annoys your employees while
tirelessly searching for the best way to extend the consulting contract.