Peter Hodge wrote:
Thanks for your help, I had another look and found out you need another syntax
command to reproduce it properly.  Here is the revised bug report

Start vim using

  vim -u NONE

insert the following test code (note that the 4th line must be indented).

  array($foo)
  is_array $foo
  is_array($foo)
    is_array($foo)
Apply the following syntax commands: syn on
  syn keyword Function is_array
  syn region r1 matchgroup=Type start=/array(/ end=/)/
  syn keyword Error foo containedin=NOTHING

You will find that the keyword is_array and region r1 are confused over how to
highlight is_array(...) when it doesn't start at the beginning of the line, and
it has something to do with the 'foo' keyword having a 'containedin=' option.

regards,
Peter
Yep, now I see this.  Kind a strange highlight.

I found that the highlight would be OK until foo is added, but then the bug could be seen even after :syn clear Error.