On 11/13/06, Eggum, DavidX S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

let s:prev_last = 0
let s:prev_count = 0
function! GetBufCount()
   let last = bufnr('$')
   if last != s:prev_last

Argh...of course...that's the solution to my buffer-tracking problems
as well.  I'm writing a high-level object-oriented interface to Vim
scripting and have been fretting over how to keep track of buffers
without doing too much work, creating too many objects, without
loosing any data (e.g., when 'eventignore' has been set).  Checking
that we haven't missed a buffer being added whenever we enter a
function in the Buffers object is a good solution.

Thanks.

 nikolai