Peter Knaggs wrote:

> On 12/10/06, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I can't type fast enough but (in Vim in konsole) the command
> >
> >         :exe 'norm A^[Oj^['
> >
> > (where each of the two ^[ is typed as Ctrl-V Esc) results in a lone star
> > without the additional line below it.
> >
> > Note: * is 0x2A, 0010.1010, j is 0x6A, 0110.1010: only one bit difference.
> > Don't know if relevant.
>
> Thanks for your hint on using :exe
> So there are a few other sequences that
> produce unexpected results:
>
>   :exe 'norm A^[OP^['     ->  enters the "help.txt" screen
>   :exe 'norm A^[Ok^['      ->  +
>   :exe 'norm A^[Oo^['      ->  /
>   :exe 'norm A^[Om^['     ->  -
>   :exe 'norm A^[OA^['      -> nothing
>   :exe 'norm A^[OF^['      -> nothing
>   :exe 'norm A^[OH^['      -> nothing
>   :exe 'norm A^[OM^['     -> nothing
>   :exe 'norm A^[OQ^['      -> <F2>
>   :exe 'norm A^[OR^['      -> <F3>
>   :exe 'norm A^[OS^['      -> <F4>

If you look at the output of ":set termcap" you'll see that xterm sends
these escape sequences for keypad keys and other special keys.

Set the 'timeoutlen' option to 100 to avoid these problems.  Except when
you are using a remote login over slow connection.

--
Every exit is an entrance into something else.