On 2/21/07, Gautam Iyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Maybe a better solution would be the following: All symbols *currently*
highlighted in c.vim (and maybe some other common ones) should be moved
to "clibs/default.vim", and keywords from this file should be included
by default. Thus Vim users should see no change when they use the
supplied syntax files. And users who want more keywords to be
highlighted can control this from their vimrc.

Reasonable.

I personally find highlighting all keywords and constants from glibc and
Xlib very useful. And browsing through the source files I usually edit,
(and the Vim source) I found library calls very sparse, and the
highlighting supplied helpful. However I don't think my personal taste
should be forced on others, and hence I proposed the above modular
structure.

Yes, this is appreciated, because I personally think that having too
much highlighting goes against the purpose of highlighting - hey, the
default highlighting is to highlight everything in the same color
(black) and it works a lot better than having everything highlighted
as green, red, blue, orange, yellow, black, magenta, ....

I'm not the right person to say anything here, because my syntax
definitions tend to highlight basically everything, but I've gone more
and more to defining syntaxes where people can highlight anything they
want, but keep the default set of highlights sparse.

 nikolai