Hi,

I was think of rewriting code base of vim in java.

The whole code base?

What kind of problems do you people think I can face?

As
    sloccount vim7-svn/src
shows, there are about 281000 thousand lines of vim code. The average programmer writes 10 lines of functional, tested code. Say that the java version would take only half as much code for some reason (only one gui version needed, ...), and that you're an above average programmer that writes 50 lines of code per day. Then you'll need 7.7 years to rewrite vim in java. Furthermore, the GUI would suck (due to being written in Java) and the code would probably be slower (yes, I do have my gripes with java ;-) ).

Bye,
Nico