In vimtutor, I see the following:

 A short list of motions:
   w - until the start of the next word, EXCLUDING its first character.
   e - to the end of the current word, INCLUDING the last character.
   $ - to the end of the line, INCLUDING the last character.

I think we should add "b" after "w", since I think of them as opposites:

   b - until the beginning of the current word, INCLUDING the first character.

I suggest changing:

NOTE:  Pressing just the motion while in Normal mode without an operator will
      move the cursor as specified.

to:

NOTE:  Pressing just the motion while in Normal mode without an operator will
      move the cursor as specified.  For instance, use  w  and  b  to move
      forward and backward one word at a time.

Happy Vimming!
-jj

--
http://jjinux.blogspot.com/