Hello,

--- Yegappan Lakshmanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,

> > > This problem is caused by the patch for the ":lscs" command.
> > >
> > > When the ":lcs" command is executed, a new location list is
> > > created for the current window and then the cursor is moved to the
> > > first entry in the location list.
> > >
> > > The ":lscs" command splits the window after the location list is
> > > created. This results in the problem.
> > >
> > > In your case,  when you executed the ":lscs" command in the
> > > first window, the new location list is added to the first window
> > > and then the window is split.
> > >
> > > When you invoked the second "lscs" command, a new location
> > > list is added to the second window and then the window is split.
> > >

> > This is correct.  The problem both times is that the split takes
> > place after the error list has been constructed.
> >
> > I have reworked the patch a bit.  Now it splits the window
> > before constructing the error list.  I'd like to point out
> > that with this modification the behaviour if qf_init fails
> > will be different from what it is today.  The split will
> > have taken place by the time qf_init gets called.
> >

> This may not be desirable. This will break backwards
> compatibility. When the ":lscscope" command fails, the
> current window should not be split and also the location
> list for the current window should not be modified.

The location list of the current window is not modified by
":lsc".  Only the list of the new window (opened as a
result of the split) is affected.  So this leaves one
issue - what to do if the current window has already been
split and then there is a problem creating the error list.

qf_init wants a valid wp in order to work with llist.  This
wp must be of the new window or else we'll modify the
location list of the current window.  wp of the new window
can only be obtained once it exists.  This appears to be
a circular problem.  Any suggestions to get around this?

Is it acceptable to just close the newly opened window
in case an error occurs after the split?  Note that this
may cause some "flicker" like effects where a window/tab
is created and then disappears soon after.

-Navdeep