On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 08:34:20PM -0400, James Vega wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 03:35:36PM -0400, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> > >  It's not that much harder to use "Reply All" or "List Reply" (if
> > >  your MUA supports it) when you want to reply to the list.
> >
> > I am not the OP. I have a naive question in this regard. If I hit
> > field will have vim@vim.org . Does that mean that the recipient will
> > receive the messages twice? Should I always take care to remove the To
> > address field and just keep the CC field or is it fine to leave the To
> > address as it is?
>
> It probably depends on the mailing list software, but in my opinion (and
> what I've experienced on this list) leaving the sender's email there is
> fine.  The mailing list software used for Vim's lists seem to recognize
> that a copy has already been sent to someone subscribed to the list and
> doesn't send a duplicate message.

     I often receive duplicates when people reply to me and to the list;
maybe that is when my address is in the CC field and vim@vim.org is in
the TO and not the other way around.

     It is probably less trouble for me to delete the duplicate copies I
receive than for you to remove my address from the replies.  Most
convenient is if your e-mail program has a "reply to list" feature (e.g.
L in mutt).  I normally use this, but for this note I am using "reply to
all" to test whether James really gets only one copy.

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher

P.S.  I had to manually enter James's address, since mutt is too clever
for me.