The 2.0 version of syntaxcomplete.vim will allow the user to choose whether
it should ignorecase when filtering objects.

By default, if &ignorecase is set, so will the syntaxcomplete plugin.
You can override this by:

let g:omni_syntax_ignorecase = 0

So working in your case above:
> I complete "EXTRACT_"

In this case, it will not find any matches since "extract_value" is of the
wrong case.

I am not sure really how to go about matching case effectively, since you
could have had "extract_value, Extract_value, Extract_Value" and so on.

Dave