Alan Briolat wrote:

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 11:51:31 +0800
Linsong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
   I have tried the omni competion, it is very cool!
But there is still one thing that I think is not very convenient. For example, when I input part of a function name(foobar):
     foo|  (| is the position of the cursor)
then I invoke the omnicompletion by pressing <C-X><C-O>, consider the completion list like this: fooblah
     fooblahblah
     fooblahblah
     foobar

then the strings inputed will be replaced by the first matched item(here it is fooblah). If I want to get foobar, I need to press <C-N> several times. It is not very convenient. I think it would be better like the following: After <C-X><C-O>, the inputed string will not be replaced, only the completion menu shows up, then I can choose the item that I want by pressing <C-N>; Or, I can go on to input more characters and the completion menu will update its menu items based on the new input when I input. So the items in completion menu will become less and less and it is easier to select the matched item. Inputing more characters is better than pressing <C-N> several times.

I *believe* this is the purpose of <C-X><C-O><C-P> (someone please correct me
if I am wrong...)
Yes, that is just what I mean. I need to go over the online help :)
Do you know how to make it as the default action, that is make <C-X><C-O> works like <C-X><C-O><C-P>?

Thanks a lot!

BR
Vincent

Hope I have described my idea clearly. In fact, it is not my idea, it is the design of Visual Assistant(visit http://www.wholetomato.com/ for more details, there are some animations ), you can try it if you have a windows box and visual studio installed.

BR
Vincent