On Thu, 27 Apr 2006, Eric Crahen wrote:

I've tried all variation of BufEnter and autchdir commands to get the
cwd switched to that of the file that is open. None of them ever work
when I specify a file on the command line. The buffer for the file I
specify is open, but the cwd is right where I started vim. I have to
:bn|:bp to get the buffer switched.

Its only this first file. Anyone know why?
" Change directory
if exists('+autochdir')
set autochdir
else
autocmd BufEnter * silent! lcd %:p:h:gs/ /\\ /
endif

Hi Eric,

I don't use 'autochdir', but here's what I have that works for me:

  "set local directory
  autocmd BufWinEnter,BufWritePost *
    \   lcd %:p:h                               |
    \ endif                                     |

HTH :)
--
Gerald