Alright, got it.  The path wasn't correct in my _vimrc file.

Stupid me for not looking further into this myself. Ah well, sometimes you work so hard that you can't think proprely anymore and that extra little effort you should put into solving a problem is just not there.

Thanks Roy and Benji,
Laurent

Roy Fulbright wrote:
Make sure you have a "diff" program located somewhere in your path on MSWin. That's what caused the error for me when I first installed Vim and tried to run vimdiff.

Regards,
Roy Fulbright