On Sat, 29 Apr 2006, Tomasz Kalkosi?ski wrote:

Hello

This is a good idea! I have a couple of suggestions:
(1) HiLink txtString Normal
    The highlight for alphabetic text may be too strong if linked to
    Identifier.

Yes, it is linked to Identifier. The point is that Normal text is usually 'the weakest' color in set. And as for me it looks like not-colored compared to others. So I linked it to Identifier and pair txtString-txtComment looks nice for many colorsets. Although this pair works well for Normal-Comment too. What colorscheme are you testing with?
[snip]

I use a modified Ron colorscheme. Well, the suggestion of linking to
Normal is merely my opinion :) As you can see from

  http://www.haze.ehost.pl/pub/vim/txt-elflord.png
  http://www.haze.ehost.pl/pub/vim/txt-metacosm.png

and even

  http://www.haze.ehost.pl/pub/vim/txt-dusk.png

colorschemes with a dark background and a bright Identifier can get a
little distracting for eyes in the long run. Yes, Normal may not be as
striking, and is usually the "weakest" set color as you put it, but
that's because it's meant to be the most common. Identifiers are meant
to stand out sparsely, so they're good for quick glances, but "burn
retinas" when read too much.

--
Gerald