On 4/30/06, Anton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I found such a problem:
I can't use key combinations with functional keys, so I can't map
something on Ctrl+F9 for example. If I map it on Ctrl+<LETTER>
everything works.
In help I found that such a binding should look like
:map <C-F9> <command>
But if doesn't work. Where is my mistake?

In  x11, it's possible that window manager intercepts Ctrl-FN.
For example, my WM (kde) binds Ctrl-Fx to workspace switch.
So application doesn't get it. You need to unbind it from WM first.

Also depends on configuration of terminal emulator.
From man xterm:

      -sp     This option indicates that Sun/PC keyboard should  be  assumed,
              providing  mapping  for  keypad '+' to ',', and CTRL-F1 to F13,
              CTRL-F2 to F14, etc.

Yakov