On Mon, 8 May 2006, Mark Volkmann wrote:

On 5/8/06, Bram Moolenaar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mark Volkmann wrote:

> When I start Vim 7 under Windows XP, I always get a popup message
> dialog that says "Auto-Commands". Is there a way to prevent this?

Check your startup scripts for a lonely "au" command.
You can use ":scriptnames" to see what scripts are being used.

I have the following in my _vimrc file.

autocmd FileType ruby,eruby
set omnifunc=rubycomplete#Complete

I thought I needed those in order to use completion when editing Ruby
source files. If that's not true, I'll remove them. Otherwise, can I
tell autocmd not to display that message popup?

Those 2 lines need to be in 1 line:

  autocmd FileType ruby,eruby set omnifunc=rubycomplete#Complete

If you'd like to make an autocmd multiple lines, use backslash "\":

  autocmd FileType ruby,eruby
  \ set omnifunc=rubycomplete#Complete

See ":help line-continuation".

HTH.