with a file with no extension when <leader>ss is
executed regardless of whats in the file I get:

Spell check done: 1 possible spell errors in 1 words.

For a *.java file I get spelling errors highlighted
in comments so spell is working - at least for
java comments.

How do I get spell to work on a "none" file?
A default, out-of-the-box, Vim unix install.
Thanks.
RME

may contain confidential information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
copies of the original message.