On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 06:16:00PM -0600, Eric Arnold wrote:

> >Eric, I noticed you've made a few patches. I especially like the one
> >where you introduced the "GetChar" event. This is a fantastic idea
> >because the "getchar()" function itself is very limiting, disabling
> >normal Vim behavior during its use. Something like this "GetChar" event
> >will allow some extremely powerful plugins to be made.
> >Have you proposed the patch to Bram?
>

> I've posted it to the vim-dev group, but I haven't heard from him.
> Maybe he was too busy to think about it.  I don't have a feel for
> what's it takes to have an enhancement patch accepted, yet.  Maybe
> I'll ask for some conceptual input from him.

     Bram had a pretty tight schedule, getting vim 7.0 released before
going on vacation and starting a new job (in a different country, I
think).  For the last month or more, Bram has been concentrating on
stability rather than adding new features.  You will have to wait at
least a couple of weeks, maybe several, before you hear from him again.

HTH                                     --Benji Fisher