On Fri, 19 May 2006, Sanjaya wrote:

regarding the problems I am having but couldn't find any related threads.

This thread has a mention of your problem:

  http://www.webservertalk.com/archive295-2005-2-906323.html

I got this by entering these keywords in Google: vim tiny "no split"

I want to edit a multiple files in vim (through putty but not tried on the
display..) but when I do :split two.c the window isn't split and I can still
see the split command ...
[snip]
Tiny version without GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
[snip]
+wildignore -wildmenu -windows +writebackup -X11 -xfontset -xim -xsmp
[snip]

You're out of luck. The tiny version is compiled with no multiple
windows support (-windows). You cannot do :split.

See ":help feature-list" and search for /^windows.

HTH.
--
Gerald