On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 00:21 +0200, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
> Steve Hall wrote:
> >
> > My personal experience was starting with just these two pages:
> >
> > :help options.txt
> > :help eval.txt
>
> the two largest, excluding those which merely list changes between
> versions. Not easy to read from A to Z at one setting.

Wow, I never realized how long they actually are, so I just enhanced
my word count function to do some calcs minus line ending chars:

    options.txt:
                51,006 actual words
                64,048 average words (5-letters)
                320,243 characters (includes spaces and tabs)
                256 average 250 word pages (160 at 400)

    eval.txt:
                43,757 actual words
                54,845 average words (5-letters)
                274,225 characters (includes spaces and tabs)
                219 average 250 word pages (137 at 400)

Although for anyone actually expecting to learn how to write
vimscript, this is just a Saturday afternoon read.

> I agree with you though. The problem is finding the answers to the
> other 10%, but that's where :help <pattern><Tab>, :helpgrep,
> vim-online and @vim.org come into play.

All good, and we should specifically mention the best: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

--
Steve Hall  [ digitect mindspring com ]
:: Cream... something good to put in your Vim!