On 5/24/06, Tien Pham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear all

I have a very large file containing 7000 lines of data in a single column.
Below is a sample. Many of them are 7 digit numbers and others are 8 digit
numbers. For those 7 digit numbers, I need to add number 0 at the beginning
of it. Can someone please show me a command to do it all in one hit? Those
7 digits numbers have no regular patterns, except that they have 7 digits,
and the order of all numbers in the column has to remain unchanged.
Can't you simply replace seven digits surrounded by new lines?
Something like this:

Hope this helps,
Ricky