Jansen of Lorkeers, Richard wrote:

I have a general question concerning installation of VIM on a OpenVMS
systems. Who has experience with the installation of the software?

Its been a long time since I've used VMS. So I have no recent experience in the installing vim under OpenVMS. Once in a galaxy far, far away, I did have something to do with modifying Vim's VMS port. (Time travel costs extra!) :)

However, may I point out
 http://vim.sf.net/
 click on "Community"
 click on "Mailing Lists"

that there's a whole mailing list devoted to vim and openvms, which I've cut&pasted:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] Purpose This list is for discussing the development of Vim on OpenVMS. To Subscribe email [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To Post email [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; you must be subscribed to post! To Unsubscribe email [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Help email [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to obtain information, or use the web interface at: http://www.polarhome.com/mailman/listinfo/vim-vms Comments: This is for questions about compiling and coding for Vim on OpenVMS.
Non VMS related use questions should stick to vim@vim.org, above.
Archive http://www.polarhome.com/pipermail/vim-vms/

So, may I suggest attempting to contact someone there.

Regards,
Chip Campbell