I must admit I am *very* confused now:

1.I used 'astronaut', after :set cursorline the line is
  just underlined (not really highlighted, why?) but
  I have no problem with cursor movements.

2.Just to confirm my previous affirmation I went back
  to xterm16 colorscheme and have also *no* problem
  with cursor movement after :set cursorline.
  This is in contradiction with my previous statement
  above. I have no explanation for it, at all.
  The line is however, properly highlighted, not
  only underlined.

Both test were doen under exactly the same conditions
except for the colorscheme, RH ES, vim in xterm-256.

---Zdenek