Robert Hicks wrote:

According to the isk help file "-" is a keyword character. I am trying to update the Tcl syntax file a bit. Tk has lots of options that start with the "-" character. I was hoping that the above would make it easy to highlight all of the options without a lot of fuss.

Is it possible to create a keyword group and then do a match with those words and if they are prefixed with a "-" to color them a certain way? A couple of the actual ones would be:

-command
-menu
-fill
-pady
-padx
-tearoff
-label
-text
-height
-width
-justify

and the list goes on. And you can see why I was hoping a simple match would do it. :-)

You can get the effect I think you want with:

syn match OptionMatcher "\%(^\|\s\)\zs-\w\+" contains=SpecificOptionList,OptionStarter syn keyword SpecificOptionList contained command menu fill pady padx tearoff label text height width justify
syn match OptionStarter contained "-"

hi link OptionMatcher Error
hi link SpecificOptionList Statement
hi link OptionStarter SpecificOptionList

These commands will highlight your options; ones that aren't in the keyword list (ex. -junk) would get highlighted as Error.

Regards,
Chip Campbell