On 6/7/06, Benji Fisher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 11:53:40AM -0700, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

> In Vim 6.3, either you sourced the vimrc_example.vim file or the
> system vimrc file in your system was defining the autocmd.

     I suspect that Yegappan and Tony are right.  I will go further and
guess that you installed Vim 6.3 from an RPM or some other binary
distribution, but compiled vim 7.0 yourself.

Hi Benji,

Yes, you are correct.  However, I have a very thorough vimrc file and
have added the following to try and restore this functionality:

set viminfo='20,\"50

Yes, it is being loaded, and I've verified by running :set viminfo
that it is set to what is defined in my local vimrc file.

Even though my file position info is saved in my viminfo file it does
not restore my cursor position to anywhere but the first line.

Thanks for your help,
Kevin
--
Kevin Old