Hello,

Marc Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Then you can use plugins like project.vim or local_vimrc.vim
> > With local_vimrc.vim (I know 2 very similar plugins with this name, I'm
> > maintaining one of them), add a _vimrc_local.vim (the filename expected
>
> I couldn't find them.. I've implemented something similar which loads a
> current working directory vimrc but saves it in .vim/vimrcs/ .. using a
> simple hash function which just removes the / \\ characters ;)

Both should be on sourceforge. Mine can be downloaded
from <http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=727>
and <http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/vimfiles/plugin/local_vimrc.vim>

(Once again, it seems I forgot to upload the lastest stable version :-( )

> Another option would be to use autocommands.. instead of modlines
>
> au pathtoproject *.c set ft=c89

I'm not very fond of that kind of artificial filetypes. Mainly because it has
side effects with plugins that hardcode their behaviours according to the
current filetype. I remember a plugins that do such things ; even if we can
tune those 2-3 plugins to tell that we want to use the same behaviour as the
one binded to another filetype. It's no big deal. But it is something we must
not forget. It can be done with the forwarding ftplugin (the one that sets the
comment characters, and that sources c ftplugins).

--
Luc Hermitte