Thanks Gerald. It worked.

However, after the command returns the complete screen gets erased. It
gets repainted either using Ctrl+L or pgUp+pgDown several times. Can I
automate this?

thanks and regards
Ajay

On 6/22/06, Gerald Lai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Ajay Gupta wrote:

> (Re-sending because it didnt appear the first time)
>
> Hello all.
>
> I have included the following function in my .vimrc:
>
> function! CScope_Refresh()
>              set nocsverb
>              cs kill 0
>               " Following find searches for .c and .h files
>              !find $PWD -name \*.[ch] > files && cscope -b -i files
>               " This one searches for cpp files as well.
>               " !find $PWD| grep [\\.p][chp]$ > files && cscope -b -i files
>              cs add .
>              set csverb
> endfunction
>
> The problem is that when I execute this function (thru some shortcut
> key), after 'find' the shell waits for me to press 'Enter' to
> continue. I just want to return to vim to where I was (Lets assume
> that the command always succeeds).
>
> Is there anything I can do to effect this?

Append "silent" in front of ! as in

   silent !find $PWD -name \*.[ch] > files && cscope -b -i files

See

   :help :silent

HTH.
--