Hi,

after re-examination of the problem I found the diff functionaliy now working on Win2k, still don't know what caused the problem. Anyway, diff'ing does work under Win2k, sorry for the confusion and thanks to those who tried to help.

Sorry,

   Wolfgang

Wolfgang Schmidt wrote:

   Hi,

I just installed gvim70 (from the self-extracting exe) on WIN 2K system. Everything seems to work, exept the diff functionality.
If I do a diff, e.g.

C:\Programme\Vim>vim _vimrc -d _vimrc.bak

I get

2 Dateien zum Editieren
Das angegebene Programm kann nicht ausgeführt werden.

E97: Kann keine Differenz erstellen

so Vim complains, that the diff program can't be executed. But the diff program is present (C:\Programme\Vim\vim70\diff.exe) and it works (I tried it manually from the commandline).

Maybe there's a problem with diff under win2K? I've used the same installer executable to install gvim70 on some Win XP machines, and I did not have any problems with diff.

Thanx in advance

   Wolfgang