On 04/07/06, Maciej Kalisiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm using Vim 7 under WinXP, and the standard plugin "netrw" v98.

According to the help docs I can limit the directory browser display
to files which match a pattern.  For example, I should be able to set
the pattern using <C-h>, provide a pattern such as ".*\.txt", and then
hit <a> two times to cycle to "show only pattern-matching files".  Yet
no matter what pattern I provide it seems to never match any files,
with "hide pattern files" not hiding anything, and "show pattern
files" showing nothing.  I've tried even simple patterns like ".*a.*",
or "*a*" in case shell wildcards were being used, but nothing.  Am I
misunderstanding something or is this a bug.

I found a solution so I'll post here in case others run into it later.
The problem got solved for me by getting and installing v100 version
of the netrw plugin from www.vim.org.  Go here:
 http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1075